We have already mentioned that insurance companies are generally not interested in your best interests.
A car accident lawyer will help you to minimize interactions with adjusters and protect your case.
- Communicate with you, in writing, by phone or in person
- Assist with any statements that you may need
- File paperwork with your insurance company.
- Present your case evidence and write a demand letter
- Negotiations should be in your favor. We will advise you about any settlement offers.
- You should be aware of when it might be necessary to bring the case to court
As you make decisions in your case, provide informed legal advice
Many people are not familiar with civil law and the legal system. Insurance companies profit from the mistakes of vulnerable victims. After a collision, it is often a good idea to hire a lawyer. An attorney can help you fight for justice and settle your car accident claim. They fight for victims like you and stand up to insurance companies.
Car accident lawyers are experts in determining what a fair settlement offers looks like. They can provide an informed opinion on any offers that you receive. Your final decision about whether to accept or decline an offer is up to you, but your lawyer will work to provide as much information and support as possible to help you make better decision for you and your family.
Navigate any Issues That May Arise During The Claims Process
It can be difficult to file a car insurance claim. Many issues can arise while you seek compensation from the at-fault driver. Your lawyer has been helping victims of personal injury for many decades and will be familiar with a wide range of challenging situations.
Common complications in car accident claims include:
- There may be multiple parties liable in car accidents. It can be difficult to determine liability when more than two people are involved. Multiple insurance companies can also be involved.
- Sometimes, a court order may be required. Although most personal injury cases are settled without going to court in the end, it is sometimes necessary. A jury hearing could be your best option to seek fair compensation.
- Partially responsible may be possible. Some states accept that all parties involved in an accident are responsible, even the victim. This could affect the amount of compensation that you receive or prevent you from obtaining financial recovery.
A car accident lawyer will help you if one of these or another complication arises in your case.
For timely filing, keep your case on track
Personal injury compensation is dependent on the speed of your recovery. You must get it as soon as possible, especially in cases involving car accidents.
Each state also sets a deadline to file personal injury lawsuits. You may only have one year to file a personal injury lawsuit in some states. There are shorter deadlines for government agencies. It is important to start the process as soon possible and complete the filing within the deadline. Our firm will represent you by identifying the deadline (also known as the statute of limitations), so that we can make the most of the time.
A Car Accident Attorney can be hired for a nominal fee
Fear of paying excessive attorney’s fees is one of the main reasons that car accident victims avoid hiring legal representation. When they are already stressed financially, no one wants to add more expenses. Many personal injury attorneys work on a contingent basis. They only get paid if you are awarded compensation.
These are the facts about a contingency agreement.
- To get started with your case, lawyers do not charge hourly or upfront retainers.
- All costs associated with investigating, building and filing a claim are covered by the law firm.
- You owe nothing if they fail to deliver a settlement, court award, or other form of payment.
- They will take payment if they are able to. It is usually a percentage of the compensation they have received for you.
Your lawyer will also outline the fees structure before you hire them. This ensures that you don’t have to be concerned about unexpected expenses. During your initial case evaluation, we will be happy to answer any questions or concerns.
Talk to a lawyer about your car accident case.
Your health and finances are likely to be your top concern after a collision. You should not be afraid to seek legal assistance, even if your medical bills are significant and you aren’t sure if or when you can return work.